Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Not fully awake

"when ur not fully awake ur mind doesn't select things to process it just processes everything"
bo2bo2

This morning standing @ Alexandria train station the sun was nice, a little beautiful child with a pony tail was asking her mother to sit on a big leather hand bag, the kid looked like she was standing for a long time her grandfather was wearing one of those glasses that was popular ten years ago a clip on sun lenses over his normal medical glasses, & her mother was a veiled nice woman which is “Egyptian fat”.

A guy in his late thirties –not married- you can tell by the way he dresses and the calm way he did his hair a hand free of engagement rings confirmed it, he moved on the concrete train station seats to have a space for the little girl, she kept asking her mother in this child “can I” tone, her mother still didn’t answer

An older lady was sitting probably didn’t bear the mother ignoring her little kid and asked the girl to sit in her place as she left her place and moved to another place in the train station, the kid became this nagging thing that you want to kill yourself.

The kid turns to her grandfather and says “Daddy, can I please sit on the bag”; Oops well I never saw that coming, the guy is not her grandfather he’s her father; I can see now why he’s so annoyed there’s a big age difference between him and his wife – but who am I to judge him for all I know I might even end up an old guy like him – the guy keeps ignoring her, well anyway the kid gives up on trying to get any attention and sits quietly on the bag, I certainly do hope that doesn’t affect her life.

I turn to the other side as I get bored a guy with a long messy hair with a full body moves I can only see him from the back he struck me as Libyan with his red biret hat (I don’t know how to write that u probably know what I mean ), I hate myself when I do this generalization thing I feel like a racist I hate myself when that happens I control myself and I say who knows.

It turns out he’s Egyptian he’s “Mohamed Negm” the Famous Egyptian Actor it just turned out to be an older version of him wearing this expensive slippers that Arabs usually wear –I know I know like Egyptian are not Arabs anyway won’t discuss this now – well I was surprised to see him get on a second class train I know him cuz I used to work in dokki next to his theater that plays only plays for his son and actors that you wouldn’t hear of. He has turned into a version of himself that no one on the train station would recognize him

The train arrives I walk to my carriage 2 carriages away from where I was standing I see all sorts of people moving in all directions tall white guy (really tall with blond gouté with really short Egyptian looking (not fat this time) wife , a veiled woman with her 12 years old son wearing white shorts and tshirts with a back pack containing two squash rackets

A “Omda” going to Cairo asking every single person he passes by if this was the train, a priest with his over conservative family of women his wife and a set of four girls with calm faces talking and smiling, I found my seat no one is sitting next to me on this trip and there’s no number on the wall for me but I can guess

A nice woman sits on the seats across the aisle she’s like me in her late twenties looking all dressed up probably for an interview in Cairo, I can see a tattoo on her writs of the crucifix, like most Christians in Egypt, she opens a big bible and starts marking passages as I start writing this post.

I save the file as I put my laptop to sleep she zips her Bible and coughs puts it in her hand bag; I sleep too, Probably this is my longest post ever wrote; probably won’t make u suffer like this again , sorry u had to read this :)

7 reactions :

Sokrata said...

very good start to be writer:
you wrote about the details very good (cloths, physic description, ... )
but you still need to work on the goal of your story
LOL

bo2bo2 said...

no goal that's what realllyy happened

Lamma Helwa said...

u was in alex?!!!
why didn't tell?
are you coming this week end?

Geeee said...

WOWWWWWWW I didn't knew that you can write something cool like this begad. betfakarny be Charles Dickens :D hehehehe kan ragel gamed bardo we beta3

bo2bo2 said...

aywa 3ardo sharles mohamed el de2en kan gamed we beta3 bass sab el ghaz maftoo7 we mat 3'ar2aan fel telephone

Misho said...

fe3lan ma7atet el atr di yama maliana 7akawi, its very inspiring, the girl on your side wasnt going for an interview mostly since it was agaza rasmeya 25/4 ghaleban wallaho a3lam :)

wenta 3amel eh :) very good observation at the station, neshofak el zeyara el gayya ya brenss

bo2bo2 said...

told u wasn't fully awake see u in alex